Saturday 20 October 2018

Retuning the DMM servos without handwheels


With 2 of the handwheels replaced, the Align power feed needs to come off. It came with its own special bracket and of course I kept the original bracket that came with the machine. So let's whop that back on. I'm planning on using the power feed unit on the knee soon...


Here's the power feed unit alongside the original bracket:


All done. And finally, after changing the PID settings in the DMM config software, I seem to have a much better response. Here's what it looks like:


For the next step, I plan to make up some simple, 3D printed handles so that I can still do some limited manual movement of the table and saddle. These can be small(er) diameter and being hollow plastic, should have much lower moments of inertia (MoI).


Need to model these up in Fusion 360 and get them flashed up...a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...