There's absolutely no reason to create the whole Bantam in Fusion 360. I can design and develop the critical parts without needing the whole thing to be modelled. But that's no reason not to.
Apart from anything else, it's a great opportunity to prevaricate and put off doing any actual physical construction.
So with that aside, here's what I have at the moment. I've recently added:
- Beefed up spindle motor (3.0/3.6kW WEG TEFC induction machine).
- Cover for the power feed / screwcutting gear train.
- Main swarf shield
- Headstock swarf shield
- Drip tray
- Feet for the bed casting
- Drag chain (R48, as mentioned in last post)
- I have no cabinet pedestal feet yet - this may come soon
- Control cabinet
- Cosmetics such as the gear select levers, power feed gearbox
- Apron and main leadscrew