Friday 29 March 2019

Align power feed for Bridgeport knee

What's this then?

Various shims, screws and a knob....



....a Z-specific bevel gear, bearing spacer, channel for limit switch end stops....



....the shaft extension, key and roll spring:



At least the thread is correct - I think it's 3/4" UNF






Drive unit fitted and shimmed, scale fitted:




Finally, cross drill 5mm for the roll pin. The steel is pretty soft and easy to drill.



You can see daylight through it:



There. All done on the drive bit.



Yes, it looks a bit odd, mounted at an angle like that but this appears to be how it is intended to be fitted. I believe the idea is to provide clearance for a similar power feed on the y axis although of course I don't have on here. I suppose I could have drilled and tapped new holes so that it would have been more rectilinear but there again it would have taken the operating knob lower down.

Now need to connect up the limit switches, power etc. But I had other stuff to do so it will have to wait for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...