Tuesday 22 August 2017

Plumbing the depths

Yuk. The coolant sump is full of shitty slop. When the machine mover guy tipped the machine on its side during the unloading, it dumped a load of water and some oil. Not sure where the water came from, as it was apparently filled exclusively with neat cutting oil. However, I know that there was quite a bit of water around, judging by the rust damage in the head and quill. I may never know the specifics but at some time a lot of water got in. Now the sump is full of water, oil, scum and god know what. 


The plan is to suck it out using a drill-mounted sump pump. I got one from Homebase of all places for about a tenner. Along with a couple of lengths of hose and some empty 4 pint plastic milk bottles, I'm ready to go.


Big bucket in case of leaks:

But don't allow the hose to come off the outlet!
Bollocks. I'll come back tomorrow and have another go. I think this may take a few sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...