Saturday 29 September 2018

Laser engraver head for the Cetus

I've only just got the damned thing and only run 2 test parts off it but already I've spotted an enhancement. 

This whacky German guy has spotted that the Cetus has a spare header that is intended for driving a small thermal laser - and shown how to get it running. 


Looks good to me, so obviously I've wasted no time wasting my money on one.

I should get on with making up the bracket while I wait for the slow boat to bring mine over here. 

Looking forward to playing with this. Meanwhile I should also be looking into how to use g code with the Cetus. Doesn't look too difficult but still requires me to RTFM.

There.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...