Saturday 14 December 2019

ETHER1616 bench test

What?
I'm not expecting to find any issues when I connect up the expansion board to my current Acorn system but it would seem rude not to check it out, seeing as I had a good snoop around the thing last weekend. As well as the main expansion board itself (motherboard?) with its 16 additional inputs, there are also 2 relay boards for the 16 additional outputs. Looking at the setup guide, it should be fairly quick and easy to wire it together and toggle some inputs and outputs.

Here we go. Even The Stupid Fat Guy would be able to connect this thing up without cocking anything up. No magic smoke, no scratchy head.


And toggling the outputs is simple enough if you go to the diagnostics page (Alt-i), select an output (using the arrow keys) and toggle that output (Ctl-Alt-f). The green LED of Output 34 is toggled on on the screen and on the relay board.


Testing the inputs is even simpler if you have a flying lead like me - or by inverting the input on the diagnostics screen (Ctl-Alt-i).

Not entirely sure what I was hoping to prove, other than to gee myself up a bit. Who knows, I may even pull my finger out and do something with it next.

Oh yes, there's that Fadal ATC for The Shiz to think about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...