Monday 31 May 2021

Completely unnecessary Bantam CAD model in Fusion 360

There's absolutely no reason to create the whole Bantam in Fusion 360. I can design and develop the critical parts without needing the whole thing to be modelled. But that's no reason not to.

Apart from anything else, it's a great opportunity to prevaricate and put off doing any actual physical construction.

So with that aside, here's what I have at the moment. I've recently added:

  • Beefed up spindle motor (3.0/3.6kW WEG TEFC induction machine).
  • Cover for the power feed / screwcutting gear train.
  • Main swarf shield
  • Headstock swarf shield
  • Drip tray
  • Feet for the bed casting
  • Drag chain (R48, as mentioned in last post)
This gives a more complete view of the entire machine. 

Here's what a Fusion 360 render looks like from the front:


"Turn round, love"


Still to come perhaps:
  • I have no cabinet pedestal feet yet - this may come soon
  • Tailstock
  • Control cabinet
  • Cosmetics such as the gear select levers, power feed gearbox
  • Apron and main leadscrew
These are even more unnecessary than what I have done so far but I get a feeling in my bones that they will happen soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...