Saturday 1 January 2022

Reassembling the cross slide servo motor

Time to reassemble all the cross slide gubbins.

Let's make this limit switch wiring a bit more practical. Currently I have to unsolder the wires to get the cable through the hole in the ballscrew mount.





I'll machine it back like this. But I'll do it manually on The Shiz, as I have better things to do than bugger about creating toolpaths in Fusion.


Do it


There you go.


Sorted. Limit switches refitted and reconnected. And encoder read head in position. Rapid epoxy used to route and anchor the cables.


Can I remove the inline connector for the encoder? If I could directly terminate the cable within the motor housing, the wiring would be much simpler. Short answer - no. The encoder doesn't look very accessible without major surgery. The last thing I want is to have to realign the encoder to the rotor, which may be tricky as I don't have access to the factory tools.


Right, that's it back together again. The back is a lot simpler now, without the ballscrew and encoder.


Now let's go round to the front and see about fitting the encoder etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...