Sunday 6 December 2020

Fusion post processor add-in troubles!!

 A guy called Tim Paterson has created an add-in for Fusion that attempts to replace the feeds with proper rapids, to get around the deliberate removal of rapids from the free version of Fusion.

The add-in is hosted on Github here. I installed it on my machine and ran the clean-up toolpath (with no tool fitted!!). CNC12 objected due to the Z height.

Rather than repeat what I reported on his Github area, here it is:


Hi Tim

I've used your add-in to post process a roughing toolpath in Fusion for my 3 axis mill running Centroid Acorn.

When I try to load the file, the Centroid s/w does a look ahead check and objects to the Z height at line 1257 "N6205 G43 Z15. H7". However, I can ignore that and start the program(!!) by pressing the cancel button.

In itself, the line doesn't look silly. However, once Centroid has compiled the look ahead, it shows that the lowest Z coordinate is about 4.5m (yes, metres) below Z0, hence the initial objection.

I see there are about 115 replacements of the vertical feed moves in the file, so I'm guessing it's making those moves as incremental moves downward in a cumulative way.

The backplot feature also tries to show the XY plan view and that doesn't seem to end well either. I stopped the program before anything serious happened but I'm guessing there's a similar issue with cumulative moves. Presumably relative vs absolute moves? I'll see if I can understand what's happening here but TBH I'm right on the edge of my capability here, possibly some way beyond it.

Here's the screenshot:
Oooof

And the original g code - the .nc file suffix has been renamed .jpg so I can upload it here. Change the file ending to .txt or .nc etc so you can open it in the editor:
Renamed frrom dot nc

Let me know if I can provide any further help to figure this out. It's certainly a worthwhile endeavor!

Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...