Sunday 4 September 2022

Bijur lube pump - cleanup and refitting

I'll need to refit this at some point, like once I've installed a 120Vac supply for it. First, let's partially dismantle it and give it a bit of a clean up. It's in good nick. 

Bijur Delimon are still in business in the USA. The datsheet for the C-2896 model shows how this works. The delivery volume is adjustable by moving the height of the knob. I assume it's set at an appropriate level already.


The outlet is the brass fitting at the very left of the pic below. At the top right is the spring loaded delivery piston with a knob for manual operation. Below that is the oil filler - unlike the examples on my mills, this is a tiny thing:


It has a small synchronous motor and a float switch. Not convinced I will bother to wire up the switch but the motor will be powered up when the machine is running. It then periodically discharges at a period determined by the internal gearing.


Terminal cover is a little marked by corrosion but not bad for a 40y old machine.


Wired up at the pump end and back in place:

It's mounted on the bed, behind the headstock. It's a bit of a mess ATM. Once I have the thing working to my satisfaction, I will refit the enclosure and tidy up the wiring.


Good. Quick job but it needed to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...