Friday 9 February 2018

Enough 4th axis silliness

It's clear that thee are going to be a few problemettes with 4th axis:

  • I can get indexing to work but not true simultaneous (concurrent) 4 axis (3+1) operation:
    • There seems to be a problem with the post processor. It's arguable that it would be possible to fix it, given that the post processor is completely open and written in Javascript. However, unless I was about to spend several months in prison, I'm not going to have the time to devote to fixing it.
    • The Fusion 360 CAM appears to be "work in progress". Not much I could do about this other than wait for them to get it finished and stable
    • The Newker 990MDc controller seems to have feed rate issues and insurmountable Chinglish barriers (documentation and support). I suspect it's just going to be sensible to expect it to work.
    • Besides, I don't have any pressing need for it in the forseeable future. 
  • So I will set it aside for now and focus on something a bit more sensible and practical, like making some stuff.
So - off with the 4th axis (rotab, driver, PSU, control cable etc). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...