Saturday 16 September 2017

Ditch G28!

Previously (somewhere earlier in this blog IIRC?), I managed to edit the post file to enable me to define an X & Y home position for the table. I didn't want the table to return to the true machine home which would be miles out of the way. At-Man on Youtube had posted a video explaining how it's done, so it seemed good timing indeed and I set about it. With a little help from him, I got there. 

So now I find that G28 doesn't work the way I want it too - in the Z axis now. I've messed about with it for quite a while now and it's clear that G28 isn't going to be a goer. Instead, after each operation I'd like the quill to return to the top of travel (G53 Z0) so that I can use the power drawbar to do a tool change. On the face of it, that would "simply"(?) require me to extend the mod to the Z axis.

But it's one of those days. Even making an identical copy of the current, functional post file, I find that it crashed when I try to post with it. WTF????? This isn't happening. I haven't even change a thing - apart from the file name itself, yet the error complains about a variable not being defined.

Nothing's easy....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...