Wednesday 2 May 2018

Woohoo!! Newker controller passwords finally unlocked!

Got a message from "Fernando" today from this blog about the Newker controller. He said:

Hello, 

I have just found your blog by accident and have been reading it with interest. I also recently did a couple of retrofits of a lathe and a VMC using the same type of chinese controllers. Mine are rebranded "szgh auto" but are otherwise identical. And I have shared the same griefs with the chinglish manuals....

If you haven't got the password yet, you may try 111111 for the "CNC co's" password and 666666 for the "Machine co's" password. Those were the ones for my controllers.

Good luck!
Cheers, Fernando

Well that was the trick. The "CNC Co's password" was the sticking point - without it, I couldn't access the parameters to back them up. 


In fact the passwords were like this:

  • CNC Co's password: "111111". Silly me for not guessing that - absolutely no mention of that in the manual. They said it was "NEWKER" or something similar.
  • Machine Co's password "NEWNEW"
  • User's password "KERKER"
I seem to have successfully changed all 3 passwords to an ancient password I used to use years ago (hint to me: "B7").

Thanks, Fernando!!

BTW - I'd love to get in touch to share notes and experiences of this controller. It's clearly a pretty good system, if only I could understand how to use some of the features that have defeated me so far. Blogger doesn't seem to provide any means to get back to people who leave comments unless I've missed something.

I’m just about to reuse the Chinese controller on my Bridgeport conversion, so although my Shiz now has a Centroid Acorn, the Newker controller will get some use. I think these Chinese controllers are actually very good and powerful but the manual is impossible in places. If somebody could write a good manual, it would be really helpful!!

murray.edington at gmail dot com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...