Friday 19 June 2020

Bracket for 4th axis servo motor

Piece of 6mm loominum 



Slightly noisy when I chamfered the external profile, as only held in place by 4 light tabs.




Cut it out with some nibblers, then belt sander to clean off the remnants of the tabs.


Finally, a couple of spacers - 25mm length, M8 clear, 19mm OD. 


Goes together nicely, just like the CAD model.


I couldn't quite get the pulley centres far enough apart within the confines of the box. I went for 200mm width and decided where to position the harmonic drive quite early on. But not to worry, I plan to use a couple of ball bearings as a jockey to shorten the belt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final assembly and test of the spindle nose adaptor - RESULT!!

After the recent distraction caused by the 3D scanner, resurrecting the 3D printer and buggering about with the throttle bodies for my Honda...